Arranging a wedding can be a seamless and exciting process if all aspects of the planning are methodically and carefully thought out! For many couples, we have found that their greatest struggle with the planning aspect is staying within budget and keeping it organised!
One way to stay on top of it all is to have a clear planning checklist of everything you should and/or may want to consider! Love Lydia Weddings & Events recommend having a checklist of the following components when planning your wedding:
1) Budget – This is notably the most important factor in the planning process and should be top of one’s list. Your overall budget will determine the breakdown for all aspects of the wedding structure, so it is crucial to set a budget, and more importantly, to stick with it!
2) Location – One of the key factors in the decision-making process and when considering your venue is the location aspect. The location of your wedding will naturally determine the travel element involved for you and your family/guests but also the likely need for accommodation (i.e. for the bridal party and immediate family relatives) if far from home or abroad. The location and area should therefore be one of the first decisions and to be in keeping with the overall budget allocated.
3) Venue – The next on the list is the big one – sourcing your dream venue! This should be given time and serious consideration in order to ensure you find the ideal venue for you.
4) Theme/Style/Attire – It is a good idea to give this some thought prior to choosing your venue but you can always dress up a venue to give it that extra bit of character/theme which is in line with your ideal style. There are so many themes and different style designs to choose from and we recommend searching Pinterest and Instagram for ideas and inspiration if you are unsure of what you want! The season you wish to marry in may also determine the theme of your wedding, i.e. colour scheme and seasonal foods.
5). Florist – Whether you are considering lots of floral and foliage aspects or minimal flowers throughout, the florist should not be overlooked! They will be able to guide you on the seasonal and cost-effective aspects and bring to life your vision.
6) Photography/Videography – We always recommend having both! Many of our couples are so pleased that they did, as so much can be a blur on the day which goes by so quickly, that you will be grateful for all the details to be documented so that you can forever look back on these with fondness. Consider when deciding on whom to choose, their shooting style; look through their portfolio and galleries to establish whether this is what you are looking for.
7) Bar – if you are wanting to have drinks and alcoholic beverages at your wedding reception or throughout your wedding day, we recommend thinking about the type of bar you wish to have. Do you want a full bar, where you are paying for all drinks for guests throughout the entire wedding celebration? Or perhaps, you want to place a tab at the bar and let the guests contribute towards some of the cost? There are so many options to choose from but it is important to have clarity with this early on, to ensure you stay within your preferred budget costs.
8) Cake – surely you must want a cake – another key detail to think about?! It is worth noting that some venues will provide cake stands and equipment for this, but we recommend always checking this.
9) Caterer – sounds like an obvious one but important nonetheless! Some venues will offer catering options within your wedding package whilst others may not supply the catering aspect at all and you will need to source it externally, ideally from an excellent local supplier.
10) Entertainment – Are you considering live music or a DJ, for the dancing and evening celebrations? There are so many unusual options to consider these days – from unique dancers, to rare acts and everything in between, such as luxury photo booths, exciting play areas for young children, and so on.
11) Stationery – Using a range of wedding stationery can help create a personalised experience for you and your guests. This could include a beautiful table menu and name cards themed wedding invitations or perhaps thank you card after the wedding to leave your guests feeling appreciated.
Here are just a few key considerations that we at Love Lydia Weddings & Events include on our own checklists when planning weddings for our couples! Whilst the planning element is often time-consuming and can be stressful if not appropriately managed, it is important to remember that the whole process should be a fun and enjoyable experience throughout. We strive to ensure the planning experience is a pleasant, memorable, and special one for all our couples!
If you would like help in organising your dream wedding or celebration, then please email email@example.com to see how we can support you. We offer a range of assistance, tailored specifically for each couple to help create the ultimate, bespoke and luxury experience!